Botox injects are the most frequent method used to remove unwanted wrinkles or other minor imperfections. By temporarily blocking nerve signals in an injected facial muscle, Botox prevents it from being used – smoothing wrinkles and leaving the skin looking younger.
Botox injection sites:
The onset of the desired effect starts two to ten days after the injections. How long Botox remains effective in the treated area differs from patient to patient and ranges from three to six months.
After receiving Botox injections, you must follow the doctor’s instructions to help make sure that the resulting effect lasts longer.
- Do not touch areas where Botox was administered.
- Four hours after the Botox treatment, stay in an upright position and do not lean forward.
- We recommend you sleep on your back the first night after receiving Botox.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for one to two days before and after the procedure.
- For 48 hours after treatment, do not exercise or play sports.
- Do not apply makeup or any other cosmetic products to the injection sides during the first six to eight hours after treatment.
- Beauty treatments such as facials are recommended no sooner than two weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to direct sunlight or excessive heat for one week. Visiting sunbeds, wellness centres, and saunas are not recommended.
- We advise exercising the treated areas – frowning, laughing, etc.